2/3 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Cut off any extra paper.
2. Mix together all ingredients at once.
3. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Pour onto wax paper and smooth out and into all corners.
5. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes
6. Place a kitchen towel on the counter, lightly covered with powdered sugar. Turn the pan onto the towel.
7. Carefully remove the wax paper while still warm.
8. Roll the cake up into the towel like a jelly roll. Cool in the refridgerator.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz package of cream cheese
1. Remove cake from refrigerator and unroll.
2. Spread filling over entire cake.
3. Roll cake back up like a jelly roll (without the towel).
4. Wrap with saran wrap and foil and keep refrigerated or freeze.
3 eggs beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups grated zucchini (unpeeled)
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts)
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and sugar together. Add to wet mixture. Add zucchini and nuts. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 1 hour at 350F
1 pound ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Tomato Soup
1 cup Pace Chunky Salsa or Picante Sauce
1/2 cup water
8 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches) cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook beef in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
2. Add soup, salsa, water, tortillas, and half the cheese. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until hot.
3. Top with remaining cheese.
Makes 4 servings
* 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
* 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 2 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
* 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup, 4 ounces), softened to the point of being slightly melted
* 1 to 2 loaves of French or Italian bread (I used Ciabatta), depending on the size of the loaves
1 In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
2 Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3 Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
Makes 30 to 40 slices.
1 cup sliced plums
1/4 cup plum jam
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame or vegetable oil
1/2 lb uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
3 tablespoons dry white wine or apple juice
1 teaspoon sugar
3 cups shredded savoy cabbage
3 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
8 corn or Old El Paso® flour tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
1. In 1-quart saucepan, cook all sauce ingredients over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until plums are tender.
2. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in hoisin sauce, gingerroot, wine, sugar, cabbage and carrots; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until cabbage is crisp-tender.
3. Warm tortillas as directed on package. Place 1 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla; roll tortilla around filling. Serve with sauce.