* 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
* 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 2 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
* 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup, 4 ounces), softened to the point of being slightly melted
* 1 to 2 loaves of French or Italian bread (I used Ciabatta), depending on the size of the loaves
1 In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
2 Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3 Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
Makes 30 to 40 slices.From: